Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tasting- Trump Viognier

Name:  Trump Viognier
Variety:  100% Viognier
Region: Charlottesville, VA
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $20.40
Winery Review: Delicate floral notes with aromas of peach, honeysuckle, and tropical fruits. Hints of vanilla and toast. Enjoy with crab cakes.

My Review:  The aroma of this wine was of honeysuckle and light florals. The color was a pale lemon.  This is a light-medium bodied semi-dry wine. I served this wine chilled and it was very refreshing and crisp.  The acidity was well balanced and I noted flavors of peach and honeysuckle.  This was a very clean, crisp and refreshing wine for a summer’s day. However, price was a bit expensive in my opinion and I would recommend trying it first at tasting before purchasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment