Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Tasting - Bon Vivant Brut, NV

Name:  Bon Vivant Brut, NV
Variety:  Chardonnay & Pinot Noir Grape blend
Region: Philo (Mendocino County- Anderson Valley)
Country: USA
Year: not provided
Price: $19.99
Wegman’s Wine Review: California Sparkling Wine made in the French style using the traditional Methode champenoise.  This sparkler is made from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes which gives it crisp, elegant taste.

My Review:  This sparkling wine had a floral aroma with a hint of lemon. The color was a very light almost transparent yellow.  I served this sparkling wine chilled and it was extremely refreshing! This was a dry and crisp sparkling wine that awakened my mouth with wonderful effervescence.  I tasted lemon and green apple flavors.  The finish was tart on this light bodied wine.  I tried the wine with Brie cheese. This Brie was a good choice for this wine, and it gave the cheese a hazelnut taste. The cheese was creamier when combined with the wine. This is my favorite sparkling wine to date and I would highly recommend it!

1 comment: