Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Tasting - Bougrier ‘V’ Vouvray Chenin Blanc

Name:  Bougrier ‘V’ Vouvray Chenin Blanc
Variety:  Chenin Blanc
Region: Loire Valley
Country: France
Year: 2014
Price: $8.99
Winery Direct Review: Vouvray, Loire Valley France – Bottled by Jean Claude Bougrier at his Loire Estate, this Vouvray is medium-bodied. Rich flavors of cream and hazelnut contribute to the slight sweetness that is balanced out by acidity. Excellent with Fontina Cheeses and Fruit.

My Review: This was a very aromatic wine. I noted scents of pear and lemon. The color was a translucent golden color.  I served the wine chilled which made it very refreshing on a hot afternoon. I consider this to be a semi-dry wine with a hint of citrus and slightly nutty flavor. The acids in the wine balance it out nicely with the sweetness. I would consider this white wine to be a medium bodied wine.  I tried the wine with Gouda cheese. This cheese was a very nice compliment and the wine gave the cheese a creamy feel and slightly nutty flavor.  I really enjoyed white wine and felt it had a lot of personality with its fruity and nutty tastes. I would definitely recommend this refreshing wine on a hot summer day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment