Sunday, June 19, 2016

Tasting - Trump Sparkling Rose


Name:  Trump Sparkling Rose
Variety:  95% Chardonnay; 5% Pinot Noir
Region: Charlottesville, Virginia
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $32.00
Trump Winery Review: Vibrant! Notes of cherry & strawberries. Rich creaminess. Enjoy with quiche, pork, or risotto.

My Review:  The aroma of this rose was very florally with a strong rose petal smell. I also detected a hint of strawberry and cherry on the nose. The color of this rose is of pale watermelon.  I served this light bodied rose chilled and it had a wonderful effervescence.  It has low acidity and tart green apple finish.  While the aesthetics and aroma were very pleasing, the taste was extremely bland, flat and disappointing. I could not detect any of the berry or floral in the taste.  The appearance of this wine was excellent. However, I found little enjoyment in drinking this wine as its taste was almost flavorless and as flat as a bad comb over. I would not recommend this wine to anyone looking for a quality rose at a reasonable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment