Friday, May 27, 2016

Tasting - Vins d’Autrefois Sparkling Rose


Name:  Vins d’Autrefois Sparkling Rose Demi-Sec
Variety:  Pinot Nior
Region: Beaune, sub region of Burgundy
Country: France
Year: 2014
Price: $14.99
Winery Direct Review: This wine boasts aromas of fresh fruits such as cherry and raspberry. Lovely sweetness on the palate.  This is a light, elegant wine. Pair with Halibut and turnip mash, squash polenta or spiced chicken.

My Review: Very Crisp ! I enjoyed the aroma but felt it was more of citrus smell than berry. However, the taste was of strawberry and had a slight vanilla aftertaste.  I drank this chilled and it is very refreshing, light and with a touch of sweetness.  I really enjoy the fizz of the bubbles in my mouth along with the berry taste.  I tasted this wine with several two varieties of cheeses and strawberries.  It was an excellent pairing with the cheese because it cleansed my palate between the Swiss and Gouda cheese.  It did not change the taste of the cheese, but did seem to make the cheese creamier and less salty.  It intensified the sweetness in the strawberry that I was eating.  I would definitely recommend this wine for an appetizer course to cleanse your palate or with fruit and cheese. 
Very refreshing

No comments:

Post a Comment