Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tasting - Hoshi Sake

Name: Hoshi Sake
Variety:  Rice
Region: Hollister, California (San Benito County)
Country:  USA
Year: Not indicated
Price: $ 10.99
Wine Direct Review: California – Hoshi Sake lives up to its name with high quality and versatility brightening any evening. Best enjoyed with lightly prepared fish, chicken or vegetarian cuisine. Excellent chilled, warmed or on the rocks.

My Review: Very refreshing! The aroma I got was that of rice.  I drank it chilled and it was extremely crisp and refreshing for a hot summer afternoon. The Sake was very well balanced, with a slightly sweet and acidic taste.   It has plum taste at the finish which is very pleasant. I did not have any food while tasting the Sake.  Hoshi Sake is very versatile as it can be served chilled, on ice or hot.  It is my favorite wine thus far and I would highly recommend it.   I can’t wait to have Sake from Japan on my VT study abroad trip in July!
Sake with a sake cup from Japan

1 comment:

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. https://wevino.store/

    ReplyDelete