Friday, May 27, 2016

Tasting - Bellini Chianti


Name:  Bellini Chianti
Variety:  Sangiovese Blend
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $9.99
Winery Direct Review: Tuscany, Italy. This is a high quality Chianti at an everyday price. This small, family-owned producer packs plenty of flavor in this one-dried cherry, plum and hint of vanilla. A medium-bodied, well-structured wine with superb balance and subtle woody notes in the bouquet.

My Review: I found the wine to have an oaky aroma.  The color was a vibrant ruby red.  I did not pick up any fruit flavors on my palate. However, I did pick up smoky and tobacco flavors.  This wine had medium body and left a spicy aftertaste in my mouth.  I ate pistachios with the wine and it left a bit of a peppery taste when combined with the wine. I would recommend this wine if you are looking for a smoky blend vs. a fruity red.  It is a good value and would pair well with pasta, pizza or red meat.   
great with pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment